Meets requirements established by the European Standard EN14470-1 for fire safety storage cabinets.
The european designed PureSolv-EN™ is one of Inert's technological innovations in the design, manufacture and distribution of safe and reliable systems for solvent storage, purification and processing. The PureSolv-EN™system is a fire safety cabinet that meets EN14470-1 performance requirements for the storage of flammable liquids in laboratories. EN14470-1 performance standards establish three primary safety requirements, while still maintaining all of the benefits customers expect from the PureSolv MD design, they are:
• Minimization of the risk of fire from stored flammable materials.
• Protection of the flammable materials in the event of fire.
• Minimization of emitted vapors to the outside environment and retention of any leaks inside the cabinet.
The PureSolv-EN™ provides the following capabilities in the storage of flammable liquids:
• Minimize the fire risks associated with the storage of flammable substances.
• Protection of the cabinet's contents in the event of fire for a known (tested) minimum length of time (fire rating).
• Minimize the amount of vapor released into the working environment and the retention of accidental spillage within the cabinet.
Protection of the cabinet's flammable content is assessed using a well-established measure in the physics of fire safety known as a Fire Resistance (FR) period. FR periods are measured and expressed in minutes. EN14470-1 standards address FR 15, 30, 60 and 90-minute periods. The standards require type test be used to measure existing FR requirements as established by previous ISO and EN standards. Cabinets are classified according to the level of FR determined during testing. The PureSolv-EN™ is field-tested to meet requirements and is classified as having a 90-minute flammable rating.